Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu’s Tribuvan International Airport, transfer to the hotel. After some refreshment, there will be short briefing about the trek regarding the time schedule, required trekking gears, services and facilities we provided during the drive and trekking areas.
Rest of the time is free for trekking preparation.
Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Half Day Sightseeing Tour and Trek Preparation.
After breakfast, proceed for half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu City including the World Heritage Sites. It includes a tour of two sites among below:
- Pashupatinath Temple - the Temple of Lord Shiva situated on the bank of the holy Bagmati River. The temple is listed on a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Hanuman Dhoka (Kathmandu Durbar Square) - an ancient durbar (palace) with its numerous old palaces, temples and pagodas, the Temple of Living Goddess “Kumari”, and the Kasthamandap Temple, which is believed to be constructed from the wood of a single tree from which Kathmandu derives its name.
- Bouddhanath Stupa- an ancient colossal stupa and the center of Tibetan Buddhism in the world
- Swayambhunath Stupa - the oldest Buddhist stupa of Nepal and has numerous shrines and monasteries on its premises. It is also known as the “Monkey Temple”!!
- Patan City - a city of 55 major temples, 136 Buddhist monasteries and famous for production of Thangka and Paubha Paintings.
- Narayan Hiti Palace Museum
- National Museum
Rest of the day is free for trekking preparation, such as trekking gear shopping, packing on a duffle bag, etc.
Eve: Trip briefing followed by welcome dinner at Authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural program.
Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu. (B, D)
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (109m/357ft) - 50 minutes
After breakfast, check out from the hotel transfer to Kathmandu Domestic Airport to board an onward flight to Nepalgunj to about 50 minutes. Upon arrival at Nepalgunj, transfer and check into the hotel.
Later, explore Water Parks, Mahendra Park, Bagheswori Temple and many more places of Nepalgunj. Shopping on the street, explore the unexplored culture, trekking preparation, etc. are the activities that can be done in Nepalgunj.
Overnight at hotel in Nepalgunj. (B, L, D)
Day 04: Flight to Simikot (2,950m / 9,676ft) - 1 hour and trek to Dharapuri (2,310m/7,576ft) – 4 hours
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to Nepalgunj Airport to board an onward flight to Simikot to about 1 hours.
Simikot, situated at an altitude of 2,950 meters (9,676ft), is the administrative headquarter of Humla district of Western Nepal which is the gateway of Limi valley, Hilsa of Humla, Saipal North Base Camp of Nepal, and Mansarovar and Mt. Kailash of Western Tibet. This region is also suitable to travel and trek during the monsoon season in Nepal, however, the flight from Nepalgunj to Simikot requires good weather at the same time. We will find the mix up culture of local Humla and Tibetan culture in Simikot.
Upon arrival at Simikot Airport, collect the luggage and meet the trekking staff team (porters, local guide, and camping management team), and start trek to Dharapuri. The trail is a rough rocky road filled with pine forests which passes through the Gwalekhor and Syada villages. The trail is same as the route to Hilsa or Limi valley which is alongside of the Humla Karnali River.
Overnight at teahouse in Dharapuri. (B, L, D)
Day 05: Trek to Kermi (2,670m/ 8,758ft) – 5 hours
Following the trail along the bank of Humla Karnali River, we will reach to Kermi at about 5 hours. The trail will passes through the farmland of barley, buckwheat, rice and potatoes. We will walk through the narrow gorges and high rocky cliffs following the bank of Karnali River. After 2 hours walk, the trail will be easy as we will walk through the Limi-Lhapcha Road to Kermi. Kermi is a small village where we will find most of people follow of Buddhism. We will visit the monasteries; Lakiyo Gompa and Lhundrup Choeling Gompa.
Overnight at teahouse in Kermi. (B, L, D)
Day 06: Trek to Yalbang (3020m/9905ft) - 5 hours
Crossing the trail through the Buckwheat and Paddy fields, we will walk to Yalbang with the easy and finest trail. We cross a small pass and descend down to the Salli River and cross it via suspension bridge made up of iron. Enjoying the Himalayan landscapes with the scenery of Karnali River, we will reach Yalbang. Later we will explore Namkha Khyung Dzong Monastery.
Overnight at tented camp or teahouse lodges at Yalbang. (B, L, D)
Day 07: Trek to Chala (3690m/12,103ft) - 6 hours
This day, we will cross the Karnali River via suspension bridge and walk alongside of Puiya stream. Walking through the pine forest following the bank of stream, we will reach Puiya village. With the mesmerizing landscapes scene, we will gradually ascends from there towards Syakup La (pass) of altitude 4,220m/ 13,840ft. Then we will descends to Chala. There is no any teahouse lodges, so we need to set up camp for accommodation.
Overnight at tented camp on Chala. (B, L, D)
Day 08: Trek to Kairang Khola/ Labuk Depsa (4000m/13,120ft) - 5 hours
From Chala, we will take west route towards Kairang valley. We will gradually descend down to Kairang River. We will see Mt. Saipal, Saipal North Glacier, East Saipal peak, Chala peak from the trail. Following the Kairang River, we will reach to the camping site at Labuk Depsa through the lush forests.
Overnight at tented camp on Labuk Depsa. (B, L, D)
Day 09: Trek to Base Camp (4250m/13,940ft) – 3 hours
We will reach our final destination this day. After breakfast, we will begin our trek towards Saipal Base Camp (4,250m). We will reach to the Northern Base Camp of Saipal Himal (7,031m) which is full of glacier, also known as the northern glacier of Saipal Himal. The Kairang River is originated from the northern base camp. With the proper guidance and instructions of guide and support of assistance guide, we will walk towards base camp.
Overnight at tented camp on Base Camp. (B, L, D)
Day 10: Backtrack to Chala (3020m/9905ft) – 8 hours
Wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise view over Mountains such as Mt. Saipal (7,031m), Chuli Peak, etc. After collecting some memories with Base Camp and mountains, we will trek back to Chala following the same route for overnight stay.
Overnight at tented camp in Chala. (B, L, D)
Day 11: Backtrack to Kermi (2,670m/ 8,758ft) – 8 hours
Early in the morning, we will see the sunrise view over mountain ranges. After breakfast, we will ascend to cross Syakup La (4,200m) and trek down to Puiya through the dense forests. Then we will follow the Puiya downstream with the easy walk and cross the KarnaliRiver to reach Yalbang. After some break, we will trek continue to Kermi. (Alternatively, we will trek down from Syakup La to Salli River permits to the good track and bridge condition over Karnali River which depends upon the season.)
Overnight at teahouse lodges or tented camp in Kermi. (B, L, D)
Day 12: Backtrack to Simikot (2,950m / 9,676ft) - 8 hours
This day will be the final day of trekking. From Kermi, we will trek downhill all the way to Dharapuri. After some rest at Dharapuri, we will follow the same route through the bank f Humla Karnali River to reach Simikot. The trail gently ascends to Simikot via different villages. On the way, we will explore the unique culture of different indigenous groups and visit monasteries. If the time permits, we will explore the local products and cuisines of Humla. In the evening, we will have small celebration of trek success.
Overnight at hotel in Simikot. (B, L, D)
Day 13: Fly back to Nepalgunj – 1 hour and fly to Kathmandu – 55 minutes
After breakfast, timely transfer to Simikot Airport to board an onward flight to Nepalgunj that takes about 1 hour. Upon arrival at Nepalgunj, we will take flight to Kathmandu to about 55 minutes with the view of Mountain ranges from the left side of aircraft. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, transfer and check into the hotel.
(The flight of Simikot-Nepalgunj and vice versa will require good weather for timely operation. In case of any unavoidable circumstances like, bad weather, flight cancellation, we need to wait for next day.)
Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Contingency day on trek or Kathmandu in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
If the plan goes smooth with the flight on require day/time, this day will be free day in Kathmandu for leisure activities or sightseeing tour (on own), last minute shopping, bag packing, etc. On request, we will arrange sightseeing tour of Kathmandu.
Eve: Group Farewell dinner at authentic Nepali Restaurant in Kathmandu.
Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu. (B, D)
Day 15: Departure to home country
After breakfast, timely transfer to Tribhuvan International Airport to board an onward flight to home country 3 hours earlier to the scheduled flight departing time. We wish you happy journey during your flight from Nepal to home country with the hope to see you on next visit to Nepal.
(Meals Included: Breakfast)
- All arrival and departures transfer will be assisted by the Tour Escorts.
- All the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu will be accompanied by an experienced English Speaking Tour Guide or any other language specialist on demands.
- During the trekking, government certified Trekking Guide will be with the group for the trek arrangements.
- One local guide to interpret languages with local community.
- Camping Experts and Cook will be from Kathmandu, whereas required camping helpers and porters will be local people whom we will meet at Simikot.
- On trek, porters will carry duffel bag of 2 porters and ranges up to a maximum of 30 Kg/ 60 lbs. Guests are expected to carry only a small rucksack while walking to carry all the essentials such as water bottle, extra jackets, cameras, pack lunch, etc.
- All arrival and departure transfer, ground transport will be provided an A/c private vehicle.
- Round Trip of Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Simikot/Nepalgunj/Kathmandu on a domestic flight.
- (If you wish to use the local transport, there will be changes on the time and the stopover location than mentioned above. This will be the customized trek, so the final itinerary will be prepared according to the demand of trekkers.)
Accommodation & Food
- For four nights in Kathmandu, there will be star categorized hotels depends upon the choice of guests.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- At Nepalgunj and Simikot, there will be tourist standard lodges which are based on availability)
- During trekking, we will set up camping tents for night stay. If possible, we will serve food from the local lodges or houses at different villages or stopover places if available. During the season, the local community operates small huts for catering services up to Base Camp too. This depends upon season. Timing for breakfast, lunches, dinner can be more or less changes due to the availability of lodges or the guest preferences.
- Guests having any specific meal dietary requirements should inform us in advance.
- Meals listed as above in Itinerary. (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
We request you to view the Itinerary and information herein as a guideline. The information provided in the itinerary is to the best of our knowledge, marginal variances in the actual distances and altitudes is possible. Weather conditions, road blocks, local political conditions, flight cancellations, mechanical breakdown or other such unforeseeable circumstances can lead to the change in itinerary or means of transport.
It is important to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy against illness, hospitalization, flight delays, and loss of luggage, cancellations and amendments due to weather conditions, political disturbances or natural calamities as well as emergency helicopter evacuation. Before purchasing Travel Insurance, please ensure that the policy covers for adventure activities and or trekking activity above 3,500 meters.
The trek is slightly difficult due the increases on the altitude. This trek involves walking 5-6 hours daily while ascending whereas on returning, the trek will skip one camp). Previous walking experience on high altitude is beneficial. The highest altitude that we attain on this trek is (4250m/13,940ft) at Saipal Base Camp. Physical fitness is essential & previous walking experience in the outdoor is essential.
The trekking area will lack electricity facility and telephone network. We recommend you to carry additional batteries for Cameras, or Solar power bank to charge smartphones. The trek leader will carry Satellite phone to communicate at offices in Kathmandu of in case of any emergencies.